From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Replication security branch almost done
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:24:42 GMT
The replication security branch is finally near completion, this work
is makes CouchDB enforces security during replication, to allow
CouchDB databases to be exposed directly to clients and replicators.
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/branches/rep_security
This branch also has revision stemming work, but it doesn't actually
do the stemming yet. But that's simple to add later and will still
work with the same replication protocol.

This version removes all or nothing bulk updates w/ conflict checking
as it was the only way I could get everything else working. However,
it's still possible we'll add it back if needed. I'm in favor of
removing it all together for now and seeing if we can live with it.
Thoughts please.

I'd appreciate people testing it out. Also writing more JS tests would
be a big help too.

This branch right now is a month or so behind trunk, so recent fixes/
features are missing until I merge it to latest. Sorry.

-Damien