From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.9 release
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 12:09:59 GMT
Hi Vicente,

On 3 Mar 2009, at 13:01, Vicente Jiménez wrote:

> I'm in favor of releasing more frequently. Having a new release this
> weekend or in a few days more, it's definetly a very good idea.

Thanks for your support :)

> For the tag, as Chris Anderson suggest, we may evaluate to tag this
> release as 0.8.2 and keep all the plans (and API freeze promises) for
> the 0.9 version or release it as 0.9 and change all references to the
> new version target (0.10 or whatever).

There are too many breaking changes between 0.8.1 and the proposed
0.9.0 that releasing it as 0.8.2 is not a sensible idea. Bugfix-
version-bump-
releases should not break APIs. There's no real way around 0.9.0 here
and we need to make sure the release announcement are clear about what
to expect.

Cheers
Jan