From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 06:16:42 GMT
On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Antony Blakey <antony.blakey@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are command line options for manipulating the list of plugins. By
> default it will load plugins from /etc/couchdb/plugins/ or whatever your
> localconfdir is - mine is always relative - but this can be controlled by
> the options:

>  -C      clean the plugins list
>  -D      add all the plugins in $DEFAULT_PLUGIN_DIR
>  -G DIR  add all the plugins in DIR
>  -P DIR  add the plugin DIR
> Bit light on testing, I wanted to show how trivial it is.

Thanks for getting started on this. It looks like with a make plugins
target, this will be ready to roll.

One thing I don't understand is the plugins list and the additional
command-line options to launch script. I wonder if there's a
non-ephemeral way to control the list of loaded plugins.

At this point `utils/run` is still a copy-paste job from `couchdb`.
Now might be a good opportunity to make that more sensible.

As far as configuration, users will likely also want to configure
their API endpoints as http_db_handlers or http_global_handlers. These
allow you to hook an Erlang function directly to a CouchDB path.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com