From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: escaped filenames branch
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 05:52:39 GMT
On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Antony Blakey <antony.blakey@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm now using halorgium's mirror. Maybe his mirror could be official blessed
> on this page: http://couchdb.apache.org/community/code.html ? Is subversion
> the canonical source for Apache reasons or tool integration or just history?

it would be nice to make halorgium's repo more clearly preferred,
although we should probably make sure he's happy with that idea. It'd
be sweet to see an "Apache" account on github, that posted up-to-date
githugs of popular svn repositories.

I think SVN (for official code) fits the Apache Way better. Having
central control and a canonical ordering of commits does have some
value. Git, otoh, is a convenient way to compare patches.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com