From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:01:36 GMT

On 02/02/2009, at 8:51 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> This sounds pretty good.
>
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 04:10:56PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
>>  -C      clean the plugins list
>
> What does this do? I think it needs more explanation.

clear the plugin list.

The plugin list is by default all the plugins in $DEFAULT_PLUGIN_DIR. -
C clears the list, either to run without plugins, or as a precursor to
using -D -G -P in some order to define a specific plugin ordering and/
or load additional plugins from non-default locations.

>>  -D      add all the plugins in $DEFAULT_PLUGIN_DIR
>>  -G DIR  add all the plugins in DIR
>>  -P DIR  add the plugin DIR
>
> Why have you chosen all capitals?

Because all the obvious lower case options have been used. I wanted to
use long options, but the shell getopts doesn't allow it.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to
deficiencies.
   -- C. A. R. Hoare