From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Transactional _bulk_docs
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:20:22 GMT

On Feb 6, 2009, at 12:02 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> In this light, I would like to make two points:
>
>  * Please stop saying that the word "PMC" is bandied about
> frequently. This is
>    provably false.

MarkMail has archives of many of the ASF mailing lists.  The archive
for httpd, the original project goes back to 1999:

<http://httpd.markmail.org/search/?q=PMC>

In that almost 10 year period: 247 references of any kind to PMC in
the dev list.

For CouchDB's 1 years, 79 references in the dev list.

<http://couchdb.markmail.org/search/?q=PMC>

What I said:

> I don't know if this is what Geir means, but there is a lot of use
> of the letters PMC in messages on the list.   Much more than usual,
> in my experience.    That may sound like a small thing, but that
> kind of small thing, repeated over time,  can lead to a highly
> stratified community, which is undesirable.

So we have 79/yr for couch and 25/yr for httpd.  that's 3x.

Also, absent from your list of messages is the long thread in user@
titled

"Current CouchDB state", which has numerous usages, as well as a
troubling exchange with Jim Jagielski.

I'm very disappointed that we've now degenerated into message counting.

Ted