From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Transactional _bulk_docs
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:55:18 GMT
On Feb 5, 2009, at 3:14 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> And unlike Ted, I don't agree that a pointer to an IRC log is
> sufficient to represent a "done decision", and he may not have meant
> that anyway.  Sure, I can see a chat starting on IRC about a topic,
> but I'd hope that one person would force the move from IRC to the
> mail list - and at that point, maybe posting a pointer to the
> *initial* discussion log would be useful.  And after that,
> discussion is on the mail list.

Ok, I see that I was unclear.  What I said was that the act of making
the decision must happen on the list.   So the pointer to the IRC
discussion is the background to a mailing list discussion to actually
make the decision.   During that discussion I'd expect other voices to
be heard, issues to be raised, etc.   I didn't mean that all you had
to do was send the pointer to indicate that a decision had been made.

Ted