From Antony Blakey <>
Subject Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 12:39:47 GMT

On 02/02/2009, at 10:34 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2009, at 12:45, Antony Blakey wrote:
>> On 02/02/2009, at 10:09 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>>> That's fine with me. (Says the man who's not going to develop it.)
>> Unfortunately requiring a bigger commitment to this feature than I
>> can manage at this time.
> I hope you can push for an agreed-upon design and give a rough todo
> list
> and maybe start with it and leave open work items with a good
> description
> in JIRA for others to pick up. Would that work?

It's just a matter of doing in erlang what I did in the script,
finding out how to extend the load path. Hopefully my implementation
shows how conceptually trivial it is. I agree with Noah about the
configuration issue. Probably the only trick is that you need to load
the config to find the plugins and then load more config from each

I need to focus on the transactional _bulk_docs issue, and then the
filename patch - that's a 0.9 blocker.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a
faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant
and has forgotten the gift.
   -- Albert Einstein

View raw message