From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 12:39:47 GMT

On 02/02/2009, at 10:34 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 2 Feb 2009, at 12:45, Antony Blakey wrote:
>

>> On 02/02/2009, at 10:09 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>>
>>> That's fine with me. (Says the man who's not going to develop it.)
>>
>> Unfortunately requiring a bigger commitment to this feature than I
>> can manage at this time.
>
> I hope you can push for an agreed-upon design and give a rough todo
> list
> and maybe start with it and leave open work items with a good
> description
> in JIRA for others to pick up. Would that work?

It's just a matter of doing in erlang what I did in the script,
finding out how to extend the load path. Hopefully my implementation
shows how conceptually trivial it is. I agree with Noah about the
configuration issue. Probably the only trick is that you need to load
the config to find the plugins and then load more config from each
plugin.

I need to focus on the transactional _bulk_docs issue, and then the
filename patch - that's a 0.9 blocker.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a
faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant
and has forgotten the gift.
   -- Albert Einstein