From "C. Florian Ebeling" <florian.ebel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rubygems as generic package manager (was: Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines))
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:07:44 GMT
> I have to figure out the technical details of how to get it up on github,
> given it includes a heap of binary components and erlang and couchdb.

For me it would be fine to just see the gemspecs, plus maybe
auxilliary ruby scripts or whatever you have in place. I don't
want to make you into a package maintainer, all of a sudden, with
one innocent question. :)

> It makes deployment trivial, and you get all the benefits of rubygems
> updating. I do hear however regular complaints about rubygems reliability,
> which gives me some pause.

I'm not worried about that either. It's probably like Chris said.
I remember bad releases and times when it was not perfectly
maintained (which meant: scaled, when ruby was booming), but with 1.3+
things feel quite ok again, imho.

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling