From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transactional _bulk_docs
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:21:34 GMT
On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 04:40:42PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
> I'm not keen on prolonging this agony, but I am going to respond to
> these points.

Please, can we all just calm down before posting.

> On 06/02/2009, at 3:43 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> A brief history:
>>
>> 1. The mythical IRC conversation on 'removing' the feature: (roughly
>> quoted)
>
> It wasn't mythical - Damien has stated that is what happened. Why do you
> use the word 'mythical'?

He was framing the point quite well I thought. He's suggesting that the
conversation has been talked about so much that it's details have passed into
mythology, which is a nice analogy.

> Everyone == ? Damien told me explicitly that this change was decided,
> and that decision was made on IRC.
>
> What's with this revisionist history Paul?

I think you're missing his point.

He's showing that the whole thing was very short and very casual.

> Is the PMC going to accept some massive patch that has significant
> benefit, but as a side effect removes a key feature, for no good
> technical reason?

No.

> That's what is happening.

Please stop this nonsense, you are exacerbating the situation.

> Damien's patches are neither
> asinine, nor of no value. On IRC Chris Anderson noted in response to a
> question that Damien has a heap of changes coming, but that we (the
> community) have to wait and see what they are.

Damien is writing a patch. We will look at the patch and discuss this.

> And if commits don't represent some sort of decision, what are they? I
> saw the patch, thought WTF?, asked about it, and was eventually told
> that yes, a decision had been made that the ACID API was being removed.

We have already been over this, we have already apologised for our mistake.

We have already said that we will review the patch when it is ready.

Why must you keep bringing it up?

Are you happy with the current plan to review the patch when it is ready?