From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple erlang plugins (was Re: couch_gen_btree: pluggable storage / tree engines)
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 10:26:14 GMT
On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 06:07:37PM +1030, Antony Blakey wrote:
> My concern is how to allow plugins to be updated without stomping on
> user configuration, which is why I suggest having the local plugin
> configuration be outside of the plugin's directory. Maybe that's a
> deployment required that's unlike to happen, but I look forward to a
> time when couch plugins are like rubygems and regular updating is
> common.

I've found this thread a little hard to follow so far, but why not configure the
plugins from /etc/couchdb/local.ini itself, including the configuration that
tells CouchDB which plugins to work. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea
of CouchDB scanning a list of directories each time, loading things automatically.