From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transactional _bulk_docs
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 18:27:17 GMT
Thanks Ted, for the calm words.

On 6 Feb 2009, at 19:20, Ted Leung wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2009, at 8:04 AM, Damien Katz wrote:
>
>>> This may hint at one of my biggest concerns here, the
>>> balkanization of the PMC from the rest of the community.  I don't
>>> think I've ever seen a project where the dividing line between the
>>> PMC and the rest of the community was so often and brightly drawn.
>>
>> Please tell me more about this brightly drawn line. We should get
>> rid of it.
>
> I don't know if this is what Geir means, but there is a lot of use
> of the letters PMC in messages on the list.   Much more than usual,
> in my experience.    That may sound like a small thing, but that
> kind of small thing, repeated over time,  can lead to a highly
> stratified community, which is undesirable.

As for my part, I was simply adapting ASF terminology and wrote PMC
where I meant "the individual contributers, Chris, Chris, Damien, Noah
and Jan". In no way I was trying to draw a line or fence anybody out.
Sorry, if things came across that way. I didn't know "the PMC" is a
"red flag" when talking community :)

Cheers
Jan