From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slash escaping (was 0.9.0 Release)
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 05:18:39 GMT
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Antony Blakey <antony.blakey@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, this code now works for me in a client:

I think opening up the character classes of the db and design doc
names like this is OK, as it won't effect people who use the current
permitted character set. There's no reason this would not work
alongside the aforementioned design and attachment path slash rules.

Antony, I think you'll find that once you've written the appropriate
JavaScript tests for this feature, it'll be hard to resist adding
escaping to the Erlang db-name validation code. Once we've got that
patch and it works well, expanding the coverage to include design_doc
names should be a no brainer.

Thanks for taking this up!

--
Chris Anderson