From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API suggestions
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 19:07:49 GMT
On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Dean Landolt <dean@deanlandolt.com> wrote:

> I remember some discussion
> about rewrite rules on the roadmap

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say they are on the roadmap.
Currently you can exercise a lot of control with the .ini files, and I
think that will continue to become more flexible. Implementing Django
or Rails style routing for CouchDB is most likely *not* on the
roadmap. It would wreck havoc on client libraries.

However, with _external mounted at a high point in the path, maybe
/_route/blah/blah could let you parse routes in javascript, and make
additional http requests to satisfy them.

I know this integration isn't very tight, but it's an ideal lab to see
what people come up with. Porting from JS to Erlang isn't hard, so
prototyping new API features with _external seems like an easy way to
proceed.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com