From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slash escaping (was 0.9.0 Release)
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 06:18:46 GMT
I have to say I always kind of assumed that most filesystems only
allowed Latin based characters in the name. I got interested so I
asked the guys in the IRC channel about non-latin characters in
filenames and someone actually just created a file on ext3 with
japanese characters and everythign worked fine.

Someone pasted this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems

Reading the table it appears that the biggest concern about filenames
is including a NULL byte.

Perhaps we're overthinking this whole thing? Maybe we can just write
filenames with weird characters and the sysadmin's have to muck around
with what happens when they have a design doc with weird characters?

Paul