From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 wishlist/roadmap
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:58:20 GMT

On Dec 11, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
>> Yes yes yes! This is exactly how it should work, pull all the docs
>> in a
>> single http request and also record the last seq num. Then later
>> incrementally pull new changes using the seq num, lather rinse
>> repeat.
>> Restore by POSTing the docs in bulk updates.
>>

> With the same view (_all_docs_by_seq with super_include_docs), could
> recipient-triggered replication be accomplished in a single HTTP
> request? This might speed up replication a bunch as well.

I'm thinking of removing the _all_docs_by_seq HTTP view and replacing
it with something that will allow for more flexibility and also allow
for Comet like events, by providing a filter function that finds
documents that meet a criteria, and to be notified immediately when
new documents are saved that meet that criteria. This is meant to be
used by the replicator and external indexers, but to also try to make
it be like a regular view and while supporting all the other stuff is
pointlessly complex.

-Damien