From "Rob Law" <...@flywheelnetworks.com>
Subject Quick 'Regenerating Views on Update' Mod Help
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:51:47 GMT
Hey,

I am trying to modify the data that gets sent to my ruby script when an
Update happens (as described here :
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Regenerating_views_on_update).  I am hoping
to have couchdb alert me with the actual document that was updated or added
(like id, and attributes, etc), so that I can parse this update in my ruby
script and act accordingly.  So instead of the update_call looking like:

{"type":"updated","db":"DB_NAME"}

it would look like this:

{"type":"updated","db":"DB_NAME", "document":"_id" : "2342331232",
"data":"test"}

Is there any hope of getting that kind of data from couch on document
update?  I could just have my ruby script request changed documents or
something, but I thought it would be cleaner and more extensible if couch
just told my script the document that got updated.

Any tips would help.  Also, could someone direct me to the file and/or line
where that data gets sent to my script.  This is my first foray into Erlang
and I am trying to get into playing with couches internals, etc.

thanks

Rob