From Jedediah Smith <jeded...@silencegreys.com>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 wishlist/roadmap
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:31:08 GMT

Using the actual view functions would be awfully convenient. People are
going to want comet feeds of their fancy generated views. Having to
rebuild them on the client would be a let down.

How about a view parameter that adds a seq field to each row and orders
results by seq instead of key (but you still get the key)? Could that
even work for reduced views, where seq would be reduced with max()?

With any comet scheme, wouldn't you want to return seq with all DB reads
so that you can sync up your comet gotten data with non-comet data?