From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.0.0 wishlist/roadmap
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:57:00 GMT

On 03/12/2008, at 6:04 AM, Damien Katz wrote:

> - Incremental document replication -
>
> We need at the minimum the ability to incrementally replicate only
> the attachments that have changed in a document. This will save lots
> of network IO and CouchDB can be version control system with
> document diffs added as attachments.

And differentially replicate such attachments where possible.

- A plugin mechanism for deployment -

Allowing separately compiled and deployed extensions to Couch.

I have a branch here: http://github.com/AntonyBlakey/couchdb/tree/external
  that includes that includes both the simplest possible plugin
mechanism and a cleaned version of Paul Davis's external that includes
update_seq in the external protocol (and changes db -> db_name for
consistency).

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

Borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back.
   -- Steven Wright