From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: increasing ERL_MAX_PORTS
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 00:17:50 GMT
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Adam Kocoloski
<adam.kocoloski@gmail.com> wrote:
>  When I increased ERL_MAX_PORTS to 50000 (chosen ~arbitrarily) the crashes
> disappeared.  Hope it helps,

Thanks for the tip, Adam.

>>               [{erlang,open_port,[{spawn,"couch_erl_driver"},[]]},
>>                {couch_util,drv_port,0},
>>                {couch_util,collate,3},
>>                {couch_view,less_same_type,2},
>>                {couch_view,less_list,2},
>>                {lists,dropwhile,2},
>>                {couch_btree,reduce_stream_kp_node,11},
>>                {couch_btree,fold_reduce,7}]}},

Armchair optimization I realize, but I wonder if CouchDB could save
some cycles by hanging onto the couch_erl_driver instances. If opening
ports is fairly expensive, view generation could speed up some here, I
think.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com