From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 0.9
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 21:18:44 GMT
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't think we should be spawning a CouchDB instance from the build.

I tend to agree with you. `make check` should be running some other
unit tests. For instance, if we had a test suite for the view server,
that could go here, as well as Jan's config tests, and hopefully a
whole suite of unit tests eventually.

> Perhaps we can move these off into a separate test utility?

The thing about this test client is that it should take a couchdb host
URL as an argument anyway. This makes it more broadly useful, for
instance via shell scripts to check the health of a cluster.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com