From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 0.9
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:22:52 GMT
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:12 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>  - The libcurl requirement might have to be adjusted further on user
> feedback.

I *think* the libcurl requirement issues may be getting worked out. It
seems to be integrated well into the build, and the number of
compilation issues from it has dropped off now that the README is up
to date and the configure files have been combed through.

>  - `make check`, especially the JS-test suite execution needs work (Chris?).

The question here is one of strategy, I think. Basically, the JS test
suite needs a running CouchDB HTTP server to test against. This is a
little hard to arrange from the command line. The main utility of the
console test runner will be in validating installations on remote
"headless" nodes. So it will mostly be useful for managing larger
clusters.

Because of the dependence on a running couch, it might not be a good
candidate for running from make check. However, I'm far from an expert
on build conventions. If anyone out there is confident about how it
*should* work I'd be glad to hear from you.

I've got some thoughts on _external, but I'm putting them in another thread.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com