From "Vicente Jiménez" <goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with status (-s) option in /usr/bin/couchdb
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:07:49 GMT
After reading a bit of /usr/bin/couchdb:
Due to how /usr/bin/couchdb reads arguments, option -p needs to be put
before -s because when the -s option is read, the script check status and
exit without reading more options.
So if we use a PID file other than the default /var/run/couchdb.pid the
script always displays "Apache CouchDB is not running."

Replace in /etc/init.d/couchdb (or in the template file):
display_status () {
    # Display the status of the running Apache CouchDB process.

    $COUCHDB -s
}

by
display_status () {
    # Display the status of the running Apache CouchDB process.
    if test -n "$COUCHDB_PID_FILE"; then
        # WARNING: due to how $COUCHDB reads arguments,
        # option -p needs to be put before -s because when the -s option is
read,
        # the script check status and exit without reading more options.
        # So if we use a PID file other than the default
/var/run/couchdb.pid
        # the script always displays "Apache CouchDB is not running."
       $COUCHDB  -p $COUCHDB_PID_FILE -s
    else
       $COUCHDB -s
    fi