From "Vicente Jiménez" <goo...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB after an Apache Proxy
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:06:49 GMT
I've set a CouchDB database after an Apache reverse proxy (with rewrites
rules) and the database works perfetly, but the futon admin console doesn't
work with normal rewrite rules. This is normally due to the use of absolute
path. Because when trying to access the Futon console I can see the images
but the sistem hangs trying to access the list of all the DBs because the
requested /_all_dbs couldn't be found on the server. Note the starting "/"
at the beguining of the request.
Posible solutions to this:

1. Could this be changed to request _all_dbs or perhaps
../../_all_dbsbecause the referer is
_utils/browse/index.html ? I don't know if there's more problems because the
script hangs (no time out?) with the second /_all_dbs request.
2. request a _all_dbs with URL utils/browse/_all_dbs that points to the same
function.

3. Don't change anything, but at least, report an error in the console
instead of freeze when the script gets a 404 error from the server.

Keep the good work.
Cheers

Vicente Jimenez