From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDBX
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:05:09 GMT

On Aug 23, 2008, at 15:05, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:56:28AM +0200, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> - Does everyone like the idea?
>
> It depends how we implement it, natch.
>
> Can it be built (not run) on GNU/Linux as that will be very
> important for me
> being able to do the nightly builds and official releases.

If you are willing to set up and support a cross-platform compiler
that emits
Mac OS X binaries, it can be done. Another option would be to make the
update semi-automated. CouchDBX comes with a full CouchDB installation
inside the application bundle. If we'd only update .beam files and
other cross
platform things on a nightly run and manually update the Mac OS X native
binaries, this works as well. I'd say though, that this is too much of
a hassle
and we'd try to aim for a full build on Mac OS X. Once set up, that
can be
done on a remote machine and for that, I'd be happy to provide you ssh
access to one of machines.

Cheers
Jan