From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject CouchDBX
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:56:28 GMT
Hello -dev,
I'd like to make CouchDBX[1], my precompiled all-in-one package for
Mac OS X
part of the official CouchDB distribution.

Three questions come to mind:

  - Does everyone like the idea?
    I hope to gather more developer momentum as I have a lot of cool
features
    in mind. But nobody needs to feel obliged to spend cycles on it.
At the moment
    it is maintained at Google Code.

  - What is the best way to integrate CouchDBX into the project?
    Since it comes with it's own set of source-files that do not
belong in trunk/,
    where to put it? Is that where a sub-project comes in handy?

  - Licensing.
    CouchDBX includes compiled non-Apache 2.0-licensed code. Can we
publish
    that as part of an official ASF release?

    The licenses in questions are:

     - The Erlang Public License (http://www.erlang.org/EPLICENSE), a
derivative of the
       Mozilla Public License 1.0.

     - The ICU License (http://www.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu/trunk/license.html
  which
       is already used in another ASF distribution (it escaped my mind
which one, Noah,
       do you still remember?).

     - The Mozilla Public License 1.1 (http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.html
).