From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need the ability to pass erl command args at startup.
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 03:18:22 GMT
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:52:41PM -0400, Damien Katz wrote:
> We need the ability to pass couchdb command line args down to the erlang
> vm. We'll need this for configuring erlang distributed computing, and
> need this for testing vm optimizations.

Yup, very useful.

I looked at this problem ages ago though, so you will be pleased to know there
is already a solution available to you.

> Something like:
>
> $ ./couchdb -erl "-sname foo"

The actual command you should run is either:

  $ ERL_AFLAGS="-sname foo" ./couchdb

If you want to prepend the options, or:

  $ ERL_ZFLAGS="-sname foo" ./couchdb

If you want to append them.

There is a note in the "couchdb -h" hinting to this:

  Erlang inherits the environment of this command.

I could make it more explicit if you like?

Best.

--
Noah Slater, http://people.apache.org/~nslater/