From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: Native Erlang API - Re: CouchDB 0.9 and 1.0
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:30:26 GMT
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>  We might want to consider making a native Erlang
> API and put the HTTP API on top of that to ensure feature
> parity. This is, however one more level of indirection for the
> folks that use the HTTP API which might be the majority of
> users.

Could we build the native Erlang API as a wrapper on top of the HTTP
API? Not as an Erlang client library that uses HTTP transport, but as
a set of exposed hooks into couch_httpd, maybe with friendly names?
This might be a good way that neither API falls behind.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com