From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject mochiweb unstable?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:03:26 GMT
I'm a bit worried about mochiweb right now. It appears that somehow,
perhaps via a timing bug, mochiweb can get into a weird state and
start returning the wrong response to a http request. It seems
sometimes you get the result from a previous request, instead of the
current request. This can be any type of request it seems, GET PUT or
POST.  We see the problem consistently when running the tests from
Safari, some people see it from Firefox too. The current theory is
that Safari is faster and causes the timing bug more consistently than
firefox.

This is a very bad thing. If our network interface doesn't give back
correct results, then how can we call ourselves a database? If
necessary, we'll have to revert back to the old inets httpd library.
It may have been quirky, slow and under-documentend, but it was pretty
solid once working. I hope that's not necessary.

Right now I think this bug is the highest priority and anyone is
welcome to attack it.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-95

I don't have time this week to debug it, but if its still a problem by
next week I'll start debugging and poking around more thoroughly
inside mochiweb.

Any input or help is welcomed.

-Damien