From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native Erlang API - Re: CouchDB 0.9 and 1.0
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:45:15 GMT

On Jul 4, 2008, at 15:43 , Kevin Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> More developers would be excellent, though it's still very early
>>> days. :)
>
> I'm a budding Erlang developer (although my apache interest is with
> Ant), and I'd be interested in helping out.  At the moment I have very
> little time (even for working on Ant :( ), but I do have a few Erlang
> projects under my belt and I know the language well enough to start
> contributing - my only problem is time commitment.
>
> Is there an area of the code base which a n00b could get acquainted
> with with minimal fuss/effort?

I could have sworn I answered this, but my records don't show that.

The best place to jump into CouchDB is couch_http.erl. It defines
CouchDB's public API and contains the code that you are most
likely to be familiar with from the outside. Most other things are
called from there.

May I point you to the "HTTP and daemon plugin architecture"
thread for more details on what we could use? :)

Cheers
Jan