From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Success Stories
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:46:16 GMT
I've been using the 0.7.2 version for some time now and it's rock
solid. There were issues getting it all built on OSX, etc.. but I run
it for days at a time without even thinking about it.

I'm using the Java client on one end to run some legacy code. I'm
essentially using couchdb as a poor mans RDF store. On the other end
I have an Erlang based app that is loading large RDF graphs where
each node is running in it's own process. It uses erlcouch to talk to
couchdb. I'm not able to discuss the app, it's a research prototype.

I'm a fan of couchdb. I caught the Erlang bug three years ago and
have tried to use it whenever I can. I think couchdb is a very timely
project and have always thought the best solution to O-R mapping is
get rid fo the R :). I've poked at the code some and am hopeful to
spend more time with it, and even help out if I can.

I just bit the bullet and built 0.8 this morning, knowing erlcouch
and the Java clients would probably break as there's been a lot of
good work since 0.7.2, surprisingly all my stuff more or less works.

I did run the unit tests. Under FIrefox, with the exception of
replication (see below) test they all ran. However when running with
Webkit it gets to the "attachments" test and Webkit goes off the deep
end, cpu at 99%, etc... I'm running MAC, dual core OSX 10.4.1

All the best,

Bob Dionne

[info] [<0.2798.0>] HTTP Error (code 500): {'EXIT',{{badmatch,
{error,econnrefused}},
                                 [{couch_rep,do_http_request,3},
                                  {couch_rep,open_doc,3},
                                  {couch_rep,replicate,3},

{couch_httpd,handle_replicate_request,2},
                                  {couch_httpd,handle_request,2},
                                  {mochiweb_http,headers,4},
                                  {proc_lib,init_p,5}]}}
[info] [<0.2798.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - "POST /_replicate" 500