From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:21:48 GMT
On 11.06.2008, at 23:50, Ted Leung wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2008, at 12:31 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:46:18AM -0700, Ted Leung wrote:
>>> 1. I don't see any NOTICES file - there should be an entry for
>>> MochiWeb
>>
>> Oh damn. What should I do to prepare a new release. Do I have to
>> cut 0.8.1 and
>> open a new VOTE?
>
> Well, I don't know that we need a new release number, since stuff
> didn't go up on the distribution servers, but once the files are
> fixed, we probably do need another vote.    I don't know what Jim
> and Gianugo think.

Yeah, I also think we'll just need to push up another tarball, and
call for another vote, keeping the version number.

An open question is whether we can just merge the fix into the SVN
tag? (I hear some people consider changing tag branches a deadly sin
or something ;) )

> Just to be sure, did you look at all the items in <http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice

> >.  The NOTICES file is covered here, for example.

There is a NOTICE file[1], it just didn't get registered with the
build system, and you were the first to spot its absence from the
tarball.

  [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/couchdb/trunk/NOTICE

Cheers,
Chris