From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject CouchDB on Windows (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release)
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:31:30 GMT
First, please don't hujack VOTE threads for completely unrelated
messages.

On 16.06.2008, at 14:00, zhengji.li@t3gt.com wrote:
> CouchDB is great. But, does CouchDB want to say "sorry, I do not like
> Windows"?

No, it says "none of the people who've been working on or contributing
to CouchDB are using Windows". ;)

Seriously, any help with getting CouchDB to run (also build and
install) on Windows would be much appreciated.

> I have found three major problems with CouchDB on Windows now. Hope
> that
> they could be resolved in formal release.

[...]

> 3. Futon can only run on Firefox? How about Opera/IE, etc?

Huh? Who said it only works with Firefox? If there's anything that
doesn't work in some other browser, please file specific bug reports.

Thanks,
--
Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de