From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release (second round)
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:35:10 GMT
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 07:05:50PM +0200, Christopher Lenz wrote:
> BUGS, CHANGES, THANKS:
>  "Notice, license, etc" files that RAT apparently doesn't recognize

Yes, these can be considered plain text documentation.

> configure, Makefile.in, Makefile, etc:
>   Files that were generated by autotools in the build process

Yes, we have no choice with these.

> There are some config template files (such as couch.app.tpl.in or etc/
> default/couchdb.tpl.in) that I'm not entirely sure about. Mostly they'd
> fall under the "not really creative work" category, and some of them
> don't even allow comments IIUC.

Yes, configuration files are hardly creative works. As these should be edited by
the end user, slapping a legal notice (where syntacticly allowed) would be bad.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater, http://people.apache.org/~nslater/