From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release (second round)
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:21:45 GMT
Hello,

This is the first release under the patronage of the ASF Incubator.

This is a second round of voting for the 0.8.0-incubating release after fixing
several grave issues identified in the first round release artifact.

We're voting on the source distributions available here:

  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/

Specifically:

  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.8.0-incubating/apache-couchdb-0.8.0-incubating.tar.gz
  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.8.0-incubating/apache-couchdb-0.8.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc
  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.8.0-incubating/apache-couchdb-0.8.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5
  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/0.8.0-incubating/apache-couchdb-0.8.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha

Version 0.8.0-incubating
------------------------

 * Changed core licensing to the Apache Software License 2.0.
 * Refactoring of the core view and storage engines.
 * Added support for incremental map/reduce views.
 * Changed database file format.
 * Many improvements to Futon, the web administration interface.
 * Miscellaneous improvements to system integration and portability.
 * Swapped out Erlang's inets HTTP server for the Mochiweb HTTP server.
 * SpiderMonkey is no longer included with CouchDB, but rather treated as an
   external dependendancy.
 * Added bits of awesome.

P.S. I have successfully imported 0x8FBFCFBF and verified the signature on
people.apache.org and have attached the output of the commands for reference.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater - <http://people.apache.org/~nslater>