From Michael Hendricks <mich...@ndrix.org>
Subject Java jokes and contributing
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 18:59:38 GMT
Yesterday I happened across Damien's post "CouchDB Language Change"
about switching to Java.  Of course, April Fools was far from my mind.
24 hours later, it finally dawned on me that it was all a joke.  Thank
goodness!  I'm more than willing to learn Erlang to contribute to
CouchDB, but not code in Java :-)

Anyway, I've checked out a copy of the Subversion repository and looked
through it for any procedures about contributing code, but wasn't able
to find anything.  Is it preferred to email patches against the latest
trunk to this mailing list?

Does the community prefer discussion of changes before patches are
submitted or is it Linux kernel style, "show me the patch then we'll
talk."

--
Michael