From "Matt Goodall" <matt.good...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couch 0.8.0 release
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:36:35 GMT
On 15/04/2008, Damien Katz <damienkatz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Storage compaction and mochiweb are now checked in. We need to think about
> getting the next release done.
>
>  What should the criteria be for the next release? Here are some of my
> thoughts:
>
>  If we plan any significant interface changes in HTTP, javascript, etc, they
> should be done by 0.8.0. The longer we wait to make interface changes, the
> more apps and libraries we break and the less likely it will ever get done.

There was some discussion about adding a more REST-ful attachment API.
Is that likely to go ahead still?

There was a change to the db update notification protocol (sorry,
can't remember the name of the config option right now). Are any
further changes expected?

Does the view API need any changes to support full text indexing?
Personally, I like the simplicity of the current design but I noticed
(but haven't had chance to read) some lengthy discussions on the
subject.

- Matt