From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Fulltext HTTP API
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:34:33 GMT
Heya,

I decided to push forward the HTTP API for fulltext search.

For the sake of KISS I only enabled database wide searching
with NO consideration of views within CouchDB. For now.

You can now query http://couchdb/database?<urlencodedquerystring>
and get a list of matching document ids and scores back
as shown in this screenshot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/janlehnardt/2385218843/

This is not the end of this development of course. We still
want to be able to use views to specify what to index and
we probably want that to be in CouchDB as per earlier
discussions. My focus here was getting out something
that works instead of empty promises.

One more note: This is only available in the mochiweb
branch (that could use some developer attention *hint*,
there are only a handful of failing tests to fix).

Cheers
Jan