From Jan Lehnardt <janlehna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Initial code drop
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:09:50 GMT
On Feb 21, 2008, at 22:02, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Christopher Lenz wrote:
>
>>> So IIUC one prerequesite to getting the code into the Apache
>>> repository is having CLAs on file for all contributors? How do we
>>> know what the status is in that respect?
>
> Has anyone checked the status of the switch from GPL to ALv2?
>
> I found the announcement (link below) but not a lot beyond that.
> Were all the original authors contacted for the licence change or
> was there some form of copyright assignment to "couchddb"?

Damien Katz is the sole author of CouchDB, Noah Slater's work is the
build system and Christopher Lenz developed the administration
interface. I contributed the initial Lucene part of the fulltext
search and some minor things. We all were aware of the License change
and informally agreed to assign any copyright to Damien. I don't know
if that is sufficient for the situation but that's how it stands :-)

Cheers
Jan