From Jan Lehnardt <janlehna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Initial code drop
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:04:18 GMT
On Feb 21, 2008, at 21:40, Christopher Lenz wrote:

> (yet more replying to self)
>
> On 21.02.2008, at 12:55, Christopher Lenz wrote:
>> On 21.02.2008, at 07:56, Ted Leung wrote:
>>> I think that would be nice, although not mandatory to preserve the
>>> history.
>>
>> Even if that history contains the previous GPL licensed version of
>> the code base?
>>
>>> What's more important is that we be able to verify that all the
>>> code is clean from an intellectual property point of view: <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

>> So IIUC one prerequesite to getting the code into the Apache
>> repository is having CLAs on file for all contributors? How do we
>> know what the status is in that respect?
>
> Okay, according to <http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html>
> CLAs are on file for myself, Damien, and Jan. Noah Slater's is still
> not listed although he has supposedly faxed in the form weeks ago.
> The remaining two guys from the proposal I don't even know, they're
> no longer active in the community AFAIK.

I talked to Will Beh and while he seemed interested, he said he is
short on time. I suggest starting without him. He can get back on
board at any time anyway. Or am I mistaken here? As far as I know, the
CouchDB source currently does not include any contribution by him
anyway. Dirk Schalge, a friend of mine says, via instant message, that
we should remove him from the list of initial contributers. His
contributions have been moved out of the CouchDB repository quite a
while ago.

Cheers,
Jan