From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB Website
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:34:36 GMT
On 20.02.2008, at 17:56, Kerr Rainey wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>> More content needs to be added, of course. At this point I'm just
>> interested in what people think of the overall approach (a custom
>> Python script and Markdown/SmartyPants), the design and structure,
>> etc. I.e. whether this stuff is okay with Apache and the CouchDB
>> team.
>
> Looks very good.  Of course it would be very cool if it was backed
> with a CouchDB, but we're probably not ready for that yet.  When we do
> get to the point CouchDb is ready for prime time, is it something that
> the Apache infrastructure will let us do?

Not for the main web site itself, which, IIUC, needs to be able to be
mirrored across various machines/sites, and thus needs to be mostly
static.

For other ways to show we're eating our own dogfood, we'll have to
wait and see. Setting up pieces of infrastructure is not done lightly
around here, there needs to be a very good reason, and a good number
of reliable people who volunteer to help keeping things running. I
don't see anything in that direction happening in the incubation
stage, at least.

Cheers,
Chris
--