From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial code drop
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:05:29 GMT
Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> (not sure whether everyone is on this list yet, so CC-ing mentors/champion)
>
> When/how do we do the initial code drop? I assume the couchdb directory
> in SVN needs to be created and the authz rules configured, etc. Can that
> be initiated already, or are we waiting for something to happen on the
> side of the CouchDB team (or something else)?
>
> Also, how is the code drop performed? Just by importing the latest
> sources

FYI, I looked at the code from the download site at couchdb.org and
noticed that several (many?) files have copyright notices within them.

E.g.

Copyright 2007, 2008 Damien Katz
Copyright 1999, Ericsson Utvecklings AB.
Copyright 2006 Mochi Media, Inc.

etc.

The ASF policy on such copyright headers is here:

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

Seems possible that some notices might fall into the "submitted directly
to the ASF by the copyright owner" (e.g. Damien Katz) and some into the
third-party section (e.g. Mochi Media).

Dan.