From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Initial code drop
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:40:33 GMT
(yet more replying to self)

On 21.02.2008, at 12:55, Christopher Lenz wrote:
> On 21.02.2008, at 07:56, Ted Leung wrote:
>> I think that would be nice, although not mandatory to preserve the
>> history.
>
> Even if that history contains the previous GPL licensed version of
> the code base?
>
>> What's more important is that we be able to verify that all the
>> code is clean from an intellectual property point of view: <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

> So IIUC one prerequesite to getting the code into the Apache
> repository is having CLAs on file for all contributors? How do we
> know what the status is in that respect?

Okay, according to <http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html>
CLAs are on file for myself, Damien, and Jan. Noah Slater's is still
not listed although he has supposedly faxed in the form weeks ago. The
remaining two guys from the proposal I don't even know, they're no
longer active in the community AFAIK.

(BTW, how would I go about resetting the password/pubkey for my
account? It's been too many years since I last used it :/ )

> Other than that, is any action needed with respect to the following
> external code included with the CouchDB source:

One thing that's not clear to me is whether these things need to be
completely sorted out before the repository is set up and populated,
or only before graduation.

This:

   <http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Setting+Up+a+New+Podling

doesn't mention anything about IP clearance, while this:

   <http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Graduation+Requirements

does.

Cheers,
--