From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Initial code drop
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:52:23 GMT

On Feb 21, 2008, at 12:40 PM, Christopher Lenz wrote:

> (yet more replying to self)
>
> On 21.02.2008, at 12:55, Christopher Lenz wrote:
>> On 21.02.2008, at 07:56, Ted Leung wrote:
>>> I think that would be nice, although not mandatory to preserve
>>> the history.
>>
>> Even if that history contains the previous GPL licensed version of
>> the code base?
>>
>>> What's more important is that we be able to verify that all the
>>> code is clean from an intellectual property point of view:
>>> <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html>
>>
>> So IIUC one prerequesite to getting the code into the Apache
>> repository is having CLAs on file for all contributors? How do we
>> know what the status is in that respect?
>
> Okay, according to <http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html>
> CLAs are on file for myself, Damien, and Jan. Noah Slater's is
> still not listed although he has supposedly faxed in the form weeks
> ago. The remaining two guys from the proposal I don't even know,
> they're no longer active in the community AFAIK.

Hmm.  We need CLA's before we can create accounts for people.
People who don't have accounts can e-mail me and include the
following information

Preferred username:
Full Name:
Forwarding e-mail address (where your <username>@apache.org mail will
be forwarded to):

And I'll request accounts, once I see that the CLA has gone on file.

> (BTW, how would I go about resetting the password/pubkey for my
> account? It's been too many years since I last used it :/ )

I believe you'll have to file an infrastructure request for that.

>> Other than that, is any action needed with respect to the
>> following external code included with the CouchDB source:
>
> One thing that's not clear to me is whether these things need to be
> completely sorted out before the repository is set up and
> populated, or only before graduation.
>
> This:
>
>   <http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
> Incubation_Policy.html#Setting+Up+a+New+Podling>
>
> doesn't mention anything about IP clearance, while this:
>
>   <http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
> Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Graduation+Requirements>
>
> does.

IP Clearance has to be done by graduation, not before we can import
any code.

I've just created the repository directory for couchdb:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/couchdb/

Ted