incubator-connectors-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MCPermissionsService
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:24:22 GMT
Hi Abe,

What happens on SharePoint 3.0 without the service is the following:

(1) IF you specify you are connecting to a 3.0 SharePoint when setting
up your connection, you will get a connection error because the
connector will try to talk with the uninstalled service.  So you MUST
select the SharePoint 2.0 radio button or the connector won't work at
all.

(2) If you select SharePoint 2.0 but you are really crawling
SharePoint 3.0, the list of access tokens that ManifoldCF will not
include folder or file security information, but you WILL be able to
get documents, and you will be also able to get the library and site
security information.

(3) If there are deny tokens in the folder or file information that
would have blocked a user from seeing a document, MCF will not notice
this, and therefore it is possible for a search user to see documents
they shouldn't.

FWIW, if all you need is the prebuilt MCPermissions.asmx plugin, it is
currently checked into trunk.  It is copied to
dist/sharepoint-integration when trunk is built.

Karl