incubator-connectors-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cache accesstoken
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:56:39 GMT
Excellent!
I've created the branch - it can be found at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/branches/CONNECTORS-32.
 I'll let you know when I think the code is done.

Karl

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Shinichiro Abe
<shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Thank you.
> I'm interested in this arrangement, of course.
> if you will provide code, I will try to test it in my environment next week.
>
> Shinichiro Abe
>
> On 2011/04/14, at 22:23, Karl Wright wrote:
>
>> I'm actually working on a ManifoldCF in Action example for caching for
>> authority connectors this weekend, so one way or another I'm going to
>> be writing caching code very soon.  If you are willing to test things
>> out in your environment, I'm thinking it might make sense to create a
>> branch for this ticket, and then I can easily provide code that you
>> can try out.  Are you interested in this arrangement?
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There is a long-standing ticket open for adding such caching,
>>> CONNECTORS-32.  The implementation proposal, as stated in the ticket,
>>> would require changes to the AuthorizationResponse object as well as
>>> to each individual connector (to signal the lifetime of the cached
>>> tokens).  An alternative architecture would be to implement caching on
>>> a per-authority-connector basis, which would be more flexible but
>>> require potential duplication of code and structures.  Nevertheless,
>>> I'm leaning toward the latter approach now.
>>>
>>> If you are interested in contributing, and you've read Chapter 5 of
>>> ManifoldCF in Action (which discusses the ManifoldCF caching
>>> architecture, and is due out in about 2 weeks), you could potentially
>>> contribute a fix.  Are you interested?
>>>
>>> Karl

it seemed that it connects authorities(Active Directory) each time.
cache mechanism in mcf-authority-service?