From <karl.wri...@nokia.com>
Subject Derby/JUnit bad interaction - any ideas?
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:35:13 GMT
I've been trying to get some basic tests working under Junit.  Unfortunately, I've run into
a Derby problem which prevents these tests from working.

What happens is this.  Derby, when it creates a database, forces a number of directories within
the database to "read-only".  Unfortunately, unless we stipulate Java 1.6 or up, there is
no native Java way to make these directories become non-read-only.  So database cleanup always
fails to actually remove the old database, and then new database creation subsequently fails.

So there are two possibilities.  First, we can change things so we never actually try to clean
up the Derby DB.  Second, we can mandate the java 1.6 is used for LCF.  That's all there really
is.

The first possibility is tricky but doable - I think.  The second would probably be unacceptable
in many ways.

Thoughts?

Karl