From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: ant build scripts "done"; should be possible for others to build now
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:53:15 GMT
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2010, at 3:58 PM, Karl Wright wrote:
>

>> I've set it up so there's a master build script under "modules", which fires off
individual module build scripts as specified. If you haven't installed required client libraries
for any given connector, it should simply skip that one.  I've also checked in properly versions
of all jars that can legally redistributed by apache; we may well want to change how that's
done, but since upstream modifications are needed on a few of them, that seemed like the fastest
way to get going.

> Very cool, Karl!  Great work.  Will try to check out soon.
Good stuff! I'll do the same shortly

>> I've made no attempt to copy the generated jars, wars, iars, etc. to convenient places
as of yet.  (iars are "incremental wars", the need for which I posted about earlier.)

>> I'd appreciate a vic-, er, volunteer to attempt to do a build themselves in case
my environment is masking any problems.  Should that succeed, I think we're ready to move
on to "de-MetaCarta-ifying" the source tree.  If it works (or fails) for you, please let
me know.

>> Any suggestions as to the base package name?  I was thinking either "org.apache.lucene.cf"
or "org.apache.lcf", to replace "com.metacarta....".  Any preferences?  Other suggestions?

> I'd vote for "o.a.lucene.lcf", as CF brings to mind Collaborative filtering from over
in Mahout-land, but that's just me.
+1 fro o.a.lucene.lcf

I wonder if that binds us to be a lucene supproject forever, if that
is 100% intended then we should go for it. If we might grow to
different extend maybe o.a.connectors would be an option?

simon