From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connector building and distribution under Apache
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:47:17 GMT

On Feb 8, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Karl Wright wrote:

> Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>> Any thoughts on this one?
>
> MetaCarta owns the code for the connectors themselves, which was also granted to Apache.
 What we didn't think we could grant were the actual wsdl's and xsd's for the proprietary
web services those connectors talk to, which are required to build the java stubs that the
connectors use.  So I think your question is really, "what governing license covers those
wsdl's and xsd's?"  And that's where we really needed a legal opinion.  For MS, the governing
license was possibly the MSDN license for the SharePoint instance we installed at MetaCarta
to develop against.  That can be found here:

> http://www.microsoft.com/Rus/Licensing_old/General/examples/msdn_box.mspx

That link goes to a Russian version (although the license itself is in English).  Is that
what you meant?