From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant build scripts "done"; should be possible for others to build now
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:55:59 GMT

On Feb 16, 2010, at 3:58 PM, Karl Wright wrote:

> I've set it up so there's a master build script under "modules", which fires off individual
module build scripts as specified. If you haven't installed required client libraries for
any given connector, it should simply skip that one.  I've also checked in properly versions
of all jars that can legally redistributed by apache; we may well want to change how that's
done, but since upstream modifications are needed on a few of them, that seemed like the fastest
way to get going.

Very cool, Karl!  Great work.  Will try to check out soon.

> I've made no attempt to copy the generated jars, wars, iars, etc. to convenient places
as of yet.  (iars are "incremental wars", the need for which I posted about earlier.)

> I'd appreciate a vic-, er, volunteer to attempt to do a build themselves in case my environment
is masking any problems.  Should that succeed, I think we're ready to move on to "de-MetaCarta-ifying"
the source tree.  If it works (or fails) for you, please let me know.

> Any suggestions as to the base package name?  I was thinking either "org.apache.lucene.cf"
or "org.apache.lcf", to replace "com.metacarta....".  Any preferences?  Other suggestions?

I'd vote for "o.a.lucene.lcf", as CF brings to mind Collaborative filtering from over in Mahout-land,
but that's just me.

-Grant